Monday, May 19, 2014

Sherlock - BBC

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221b Baker Street." - Sherlock


"A wedding, in my considered opinion, is nothing short of a celebration of all that is false and specious and irrational and sentimental in this ailing and morally compromised world. Today we honor the deathwatch beetle that is the doom of our society, and in time one feels certain, our entire species." - Sherlock


Sherlock: "Let’s play a game, let’s play murder."
Mrs. Hudson: "Sherlock."
Sherlock: "Imagine someone is going to get murdered at a wedding. Who exactly would you pick?"
Mrs. Hudson: "I think you’re a popular choice at the moment, dear."

"You... you told me once... that you weren't a hero. Umm... There were times I didn't even think you were human, but let me tell you this. You were the best man, the most human... human being that I've ever known and no one will ever convince me that you told me a lie, so... there. I was so alone... and I owe you so much. But please, there's just one more thing, one more miracle, Sherlock, for me, don't be...dead. Would you do that just for me? Just stop it. Stop this..." - John Watson


Sherlock Holmes: "John, there's something I should say, I've meant to say always and I never have. Since it's unlikely we'll ever meet again, I might as well say it now."
Sherlock Holmes: "Sherlock is actually a girl's name."
John Watson: "..It's not."
Sherlock Holmes: "It was worth a try."
John Watson: "We're not naming our daughter after you."


"It's raining. It's pouring. Sherlock is boring. I'm laughing. I'm crying. Sherlock is dying." - Moriarty

“Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”- Sherlock
Sherlock Holmes: "John, listen. Be calm and answer me. What is she?"
John Watson: "My lying wife."
Sherlock Holmes: "No. What is she?"
John Watson: "The woman who is carrying my child who has lied to me since the day I met her."
Sherlock Holmes: "No. Not in this flat. Not in this room. Right here, right now, what...is...she?"
John Watson: "Okay. Your way. Always your way. Sit."
Mary Watson: "Why?"
John Watson: "Because that's where they sit! The people who come in here with their stories. The clients. That's what you are now, Mary. You're a client. This is where you sit and talk and this is where we sit and listen and we decide if we want you or not!"


"Learn to, because I owe you a fall Sherlock. I. Owe. You." - Moriarty

Sherlock: "So, in fact... you mean..."
John: " Yes..."
Sherlock: "I'm your... Best..."
John: "Man."
Sherlock: "Friend."

Sherlock: "A dragon slayer? Is that what you think of me?"
Mycroft: "No that's what you think of yourself."


“The point I’m trying to make is that I am the most unpleasant, rude, ignorant and all-round obnoxious arsehole that anyone could possibly have the misfortune to meet. I am dismissive of the virtuous, unaware of the beautiful and uncomprehending in the face of the happy. So, if I didn’t understand I was being asked to be best man, it is because I never expected to be anybody’s best friend.” - Sherlock

“Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain”-Moriarty


John: "I don't shave for Sherlock Holmes."
Mary: "You should put that on a t-shirt."

"Oh! How? What does that matter? So we go 'round the sun. If we went 'round the moon or round and round the garden like a teddy bear it wouldn't make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that my brain rots. Put that in your blog. Or better still, stop inflicting your opinions on the world. " - Sherlock

“We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation. Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers on!”-Mycroft

“You are not a puzzle solver; you never have been. You’re a drama queen. Now there is a man in there who’s about to die. The game is on. Solve it!” - John

“You, being all mysterious with your cheekbones and turning your coat collar up so you look cool.”
-Watson

"Long live the king."-Moriarty


“Oh, do your research. I’m not a hero; I’m a high-functioning sociopath. Merry Christmas.” - Sherlock

“I couldn’t bear to argue with her. But then, I am a moron, and she’s so very beautiful.” - Sherlock's father


Sherlock: "Dont' panic. None of you panic. Absolutely no reason to panic."
John: "And you would know of course?"
Sherlock:“Yes, I would. You are already the best parents in the room, look at all the practice you’ve had.”John: "What practice?"
Sherlock: “Well, you’re hardly going to need me around now that you have a real baby on the way.”



“Yeah okay, I did. But the flirting’s over now, Sherlock, Daddy’s had enough now! I’ve shown you what I can do, I cut lose all those people. All those little problems, even thirty milion quid just to get you to come out and play. So take this as a friendly warning, my dear: back off. Although I have loved this, this little game of ours, playing Jim from IT, playing gay. Did you like the little touch with the underwear?”- Moritarty

“Oh! You meant “Spectacularly ignorant” in a nice way.”-Sherlock

“I always hear ‘punch me in the face’ when you are talking, but usually it’s in subtext.” - Watson

“He’s cluing… Cluing for looks.” - John Watson

“But am I a pretty lady?” - John Watson

John: "I asked you for one more miracle, I asked you to stop being dead."
Sherlock: "I heard you."

Mycroft: "Also... Your loss would break my heart."
Sherlock: "What the hell am I supposed to say to that?”



“I’m not a psychopath, Anderson. I’m a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research.”-Sherlock

Sherlock Holmes: "Sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."
Irene Adler: "Sentiment? What are you talking about?"
Sherlock Holmes: "You."
Irene Adler: "Oh, dear God. Look at the poor man. You don't actually think I was interested in you? Why? Because you're the great Sherlock Holmes, the clever detective in the funny hat?"
Sherlock Holmes: "No... Elevated. Your pupils dilated. I imagine John Watson thinks love’s a mystery to me, but the chemistry is incredibly simple and very destructive. When we first met, you told me that a disguise is always a self-portrait, how true of you, the combination to your safe – your measurements.[Holds up her phone] But this, this is far more intimate. This is your heart, and you should never let it rule your head. [He starts entering digits] You could have chosen any random number and walked out of here today with everything you worked for. But you just couldn't resist it, could you? I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof."
Irene Adler: "Everything I said. It's not real. I was just playing the game."
Sherlock Holmes: "I know. And this is just losing."



"Look at those cheekbones. I could cut myself slapping that face. Would you like me to try?" - Irene Adler

Mark: "They were right about you. You're a bloody psychopath."
Sherlock:" High-functioning sociopath. With your number."


Sherlock: "You were a doctor who went to war. You’re a man who couldn’t stay in the suburbs for more than a month without storming a crack den, beating up a junkie. Your best friend is a sociopath who solves crimes as an alternative to getting high. That’s me by the way, hello. Even the landlady used to run a drug cartel.”
Mrs. Hudson: "It was my husband's cartel,  I was just typing."
Sherlock: "And exotic dancing."
Mrs. Hudson: "Sherlock Holmes, if you’ve been Youtubing…”

"It's going to start very soon Sherlock, the fall. Don't be scared. Falling is just like flying except there's a more permanent destination. " - Moriarty

“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”-  Watson


Sherlock: “John, you are addicted to a certain lifestyle. You’re abnormally attracted to dangerous situations and people. So is it truly such a surprise that the woman you’ve fallen in love with conforms to that pattern?”
John: “But she wasn’t supposed to be like that. Why is she like that?”
Sherlock: “Because you chose her.”


Watson: "I just met a friend of yours."
Sherlock: "A friend?"
Watson: "An enemy."
Sherlock: "Oh! Which one?"
Watson: "Your archenemy, according to him. Do people have archenemies?"

Sherlock: "Did he offer you money to spy on me?"
Watson: "Yes."
Sherlock: "Did you take it?"
Watson: "No."
Sherlock: "Pity, we could have split the fee. Think it through next time."

Mycroft: "What do we say about coincidences?"
Sherlock: "The universe is rarely so lazy."

“Oh, no, no, no, we’re fine. No, it’s the burglar, he’s got himself rather badly injured. He fell out of a window.”-Sherlock

“Everybody shut up!”-Sherlock


Mycroft: "Don't be smart."
Sherlock: "That takes me back. Don't be smart, Sherlock, I'm the smart one."
Mycroft: "I am the smart one."
Sherlock: "I used to think I was an idiot."

“Sentiment is a chemical defect found on the losing side”-Sherlock


“A nice murder. That’ll cheer you up”-Mrs. Hudson

“Don’t you want me on the floor, too?”-Sherlock


John: "I don't understand."
Magnussen: "You should have that on a t-shirt."
John: "I still don't understand."
Magnussen: "And there's the back of the t-shirt."


Sherlock Holmes: "There are two types of fans."
Kitty Reilly: "Oh?"
Sherlock Holmes: "Catch me before I kill again. Type A."
Kitty Reilly: "Uh-huh. Whats type B?"
Sherlock Holmes: "Your bedrooms just a taxi ride away."




“Honey, you should see me in a crown.”-Moriarty

“You look sad when you think he can’t see you”-Molly


“None of the cabs would take me.”-Sherlock

"Well. Here we are at last. You and me, Sherlock. And our problem. The Final Problem. "Staying Alive". So boring, isn't it? It's just... staying. All my life I've been searching for distractions. And you were the best distraction and now I don't even have you. Because I've beaten you. And you know what? In the end it easy. It was easy. Now I've got to go back to playing with the ordinary people. And it turns out you're ordinary. Just like all of them. Oh well." - Moriarty


"Big client list. Rogue governments. Intelligence communities. Terror cells. They all want me. Suddenly, I'm Mr. Sex." - Moriarty

“…Like a fairy…”-Sherlock


Sherlock Holmes: "So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am, I’m...I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way. Got it."
John Watson: "Go on, then."
Sherlock Holmes: "I’m you, aren’t I?"
Sherlock: "I think I'll surprise John. He'll be delighted!"
Mycroft: "You think so? Him?"
Sherlock: "Pop round to Baker Street. Who knows, jumps out of a cake?"

 “Four serial suicides and now a note! It’s Christmas!”-Sherlock


“Listen, what I said before John, I meant it. I don’t have friends; I’ve just got one.”-Sherlock


"I’m in shock. Look-I’ve got a blanket.”-Sherlock


"In a world of locked rooms the man with the key is king. And honey you should see me in a crown." - Moriarty

Sherlock: "Shot in the dark. Good one, though. Power connection: tiny little scuff marks around the edge. Every night he goes to plug it in and charge but his hands are shaky. You never see those marks on a sober man's phone, never see a drunk's without them. There you go, you see? You were right."
John: "I was right? Right about what?"
Sherlock: "The police don't consult amateurs."
John: "That was amazing."
Sherlock: "You think so?"
John: "Of course it was. It was extraordinary. It was quite... extraordinary."
Sherlock: "That's not what people normally say."
John: "What do people normally say?"
Sherlock: "Piss off!"

“Shut up everybody, shut up! Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe, I’m trying to think. Anderson, face the other way, you’re putting me off”-Sherlock


Mary: "You don't even know my name."
John: "Is Mary Watson good enough for you?"
Mary: "Yes! Oh my God, yes."
John: "Then it's good enough for me, too."

"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?" - Moriarty

“Brainy’s the new sexy”-Irene Adler


“No no no no no, if you don’t stop prying… I’ll burn you. I will burn.. the heart out of you.”-Moriarty


"Sorry, boys! I'm sooooo changeable! It's a weakness with me, but to be fair to myself, it is my only weakness." - Moriarty

“Mrs. Hudson took my skull.”-Sherlock


Sherlock: "People have died."
Moriarty: "That what people do!"

"I know you're an army doctor and you've been invalided home from Afghanistan. I know you've got a brother who's worried about you, but you won't go to him for help because you don't approve of him—possibly because he's an alcoholic, more likely because he recently walked out on his wife. And I know that your therapist thinks your limp's psychosomatic, quite correctly I'm afraid. That's enough to be going on with, don't you think? he exits and pops back in.The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221b Baker Street. Afternoon." - Sherlock


"Bitterness is a paralytic. Love is a much more vicious motivator." - Sherlock

Sherlock: "You're a doctor. In fact you're an army doctor."
Watson: "Yes."
Sherlock: "Any good?"
Watson: "Very good."
Sherlock: "Seen a lot of injuries then. Violent deaths."
Watson: "Well. Yes."
Sherlock: "Bit of trouble too I bet."
Watson: "Of course. Yes. Enough for a lifetime. Far too much."
Sherlock: "Wanna see some more?"
Watson: "Oh god yes."
“You are not a puzzle solver; you never have been. You’re a drama queen. Now there is a man in there who’s about to die. The game is on. Solve it!” - John 

"An east wind is coming, Sherlock. Coming to get you." - Mycroft

“The problems of the past are your business; the problems of your future are my privilege.” - Watson 

Mycroft Holmes: "For goodness sake! I occupy a minor position in the British Government."
Sherlock: "He is the British Government when he's not too busy being the British Secret Services or the CIA on a freelance basis. Good evening, Mycroft. Try not to start a war before I get home, you know what it does for the traffic."

“You were a doctor who went to war. You’re a man who couldn’t stay in the suburbs for more than a month without storming a crack den, beating up a junkie. Your best friend is a sociopath who solves crimes as an alternative to getting high. That’s me by the way, hello. Even the landlady used to run a drug cartel.” - Sherlock

“C’mon! Where is her case? Did she eat it?”-Sherlock

"DADDY'S HAD ENOUGH NOW." - Moriarty



John: "I don't understand."
Magnussen: "You should have that on a t-shirt."
John: "I still don't understand."
Magnussen: "And there's the back of the t-shirt."

"We've got ourselves a serial killer. Love those—there's always something to look forward to." - Sherlock 


Donovan: "Are these human eyes?"
Sherlock: "Put those back!"
Donovan: "They were in the microwave!"
Sherlock: "It's an experiment!"



"Johann Sebastian would be appalled." - Moriarty


Harry: "You look taller in your photographs."
Sherlock: "Take the precaution of a good coat and a short friend."



"Dear God. What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring.” - Sherlock


John: “So why do you put up with him?”
Lestrade: “Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

"Kill you? Eh, no. Don't be obvious. I mean I'm going to kill you anyway someday. I don't want to rush it though. I'm saving it up for something special. No no no no. If you don't stop prying I will burn you. I will burn the heart out of you." - Moriarty


“Well, don’t commit suicide.”-Lestrade


Sherlock: "You're wrong, you know. You do count. You've always counted and I've always trusted you. But you were right. I'm not okay. "
Molly: "Tell me what's wrong."
Sherlock: "Molly, I think I'm going to die."
Molly: "What do you need?"
Sherlock: "If I wasn't everything that you think I am, everything that I think I am, would you still want to help me?"
Molly: "What do you need?"
Sherlock: "You."


"Aren't ordinary people adorable? Well you know. You've got John. I should get myself a live-in one. Must be so funny." - Moriarty
Sherlock: "Mrs. Hudson, the landlady, is giving me a special deal. She owes me a favor. A few years back her husband got himself sentenced to death in Florida. I was able to help out."
John: "You stopped her husband from being executed?"
Sherlock: "Oh, no. I ensured it."

"If I wanted to look at naked women I'd borrow John's laptop." - Sherlock

"I'm afraid John, I can't congratulate you. All emotions and, in particular, love, stand opposed to the pure cold reason I hold above all things. A wedding is, in my considered opinion, nothing short of a celebration of all that is false and specious and irrational and sentimental in this ailing and morally compromised world. Today we honor the death watch people, that is the doom of our society and, in time one feels certain, our entire species.... If I burden myself with a little help mate during my adventures it is not out of sentiment or caprice, it is that he has many fine qualities of his own that he has overlooked in his obsession with me. Indeed any reputation I have for mental acuity and sharpness comes in truth from the extraordinary contrast John so selflessly provides. It is a fact I believe brides tend to favor exceptionally plain bridesmaids for their big day. There is a certain analogy there I feel. And contrast is, after all, God's own plan to enhance the beauty of his creation. Or it would be if God were not a ludicrous fantasy designed to provide a career opportunity for the family idiot." - Sherlock

"Of course. I'd be lost without my blogger." - Sherlock

"You're not ordinary. No. You're me. You're meeee. Thank you, Sherlock Holmes. Thank you. Bless you. As long as I'm alive, you can save your friends. You've got a way out. Well good luck with that." - Moriarty

"The problem with disguises is that no matter how hard you try it’s always a self portrait." - Irene

"That's clever. Is it clever? Why is it clever?" - Sherlock

Sherlock: "Your deodorant told me that."
Anderson: "My deodorant."
Sherlock: "It's for men."
Anderson: "Well of course it's for men! I'm wearing it!"
Sherlock: "So's Sergeant Donovan. [sniffs] Ooh... I think it just vaporized. May I go in?"
Anderson: "Now look, whatever you're implying—"
Sherlock: "I'm not implying anything. I'm sure Sally came round for a nice little chat, and just happened to stay over. And I assume she scrubbed your floors, going by the state of her knees."

"The game, Mrs. Hudson, is on!" - Sherlock

Therapist: "How's your blog going?"
John: "Yeah, good. Very good."
Therapist: "You haven’t written a word, have you?"
John: "You just wrote "still has trust issues."
Therapist: "And you read my writing upside down. You see what I mean? John, you're a soldier. It's gonna take you a while to adjust to civilian life. And writing a blog about everything that happens to you will honestly help you."
John: "Nothing happens to me."

"Did you miss me?" - Moriarty

No comments:

Post a Comment