Friday, August 29, 2014

Short Term 12

Grace: "Why are you so nice to me?"
Mason: "You being serious now? Well, it's easy. It's because you are the weirdest, most beautiful person that I've ever met in my whole entire life."

"It's impossible to worry about anything else when there's blood coming out of you." - Grace
Sammy: "Can we play Big and Small?"Grace: "Is that a real game, or is that a game you just made up?"
Sammy: "It's a real game that I just made up."


Grace: "I like your name, Jayden."
Jayden: "It's a boy's name."
Grace: "Really? I don't think so."
Jayden: "Will Smith did."

"Once upon a time, somewhere miles and miles beneath the surface of the ocean, there lived a young octopus named Nina. Nina spent most of her time alone, making strange creations out of 
rocks and shells. And she was very happy.But then, on Monday, the Shark showed up. "What's your name?" said the shark. "Nina," she replied. "Do you want to be my friend?" He asked. "Okay, what do I have to do?" Said Nina. "Not much," said the Shark, "Just let me eat one of your arms." Nina had never had a friend before, so she wondered if this was what you had to do to get o
ne. She looked down at her eight arms, and decided it wouldn't be so bad to give up one. So she donated an arm to her wonderful new friend.Every day that week, Nina and the Shark would play together. They explored caves, built castles of sand, and swam really really fast. And every night, the Shark would be hungry, and Nina would give him another one of her arms to eat.On Sunday, after playing all day, the Shark told Nina that he was very hungry. "I don't understand," she said. "I've already given you six of my arms, and now you want one more?" The shark looked at her with a friendly smile and said, "I don't want one. This time I want them all." "But why?" Nina asked. And the shark replied, "Because that's what friends are for."When the shark finished his meal that night, he felt very sad and lonely. He missed having someone to explore caves, build castles and swim really really fast with. He missed Nina very much. So, he swam away to find another friend."


That one's from a sneeze. I slipped and cut too deep. Almost cut my achilles." - Grace

Grace: "I would lose the tie if I were you. And if you’re listening to a story of Mason’s, understand that there’s very little reality in it."
Mason: "Hey, don't piss in the water before we put our toes in."
"Please, you have to let me in your head once in a while or I'm just going to go nuts.  Okay?" - Mason
Mason: "Marcus is going to get better."
Grace: "I think I am too."

"You're going to make a great mom." - Jayden
Grace: "Mason, you have no idea what I'm going through right now."
Mason: "Then tell me. That's how this works. You talk to me about it so that I can take your hand and fucking walk through this shit with you. That is what I signed up for, Okay? But I cannot do that if you won't let me in."
Grace: "I can't. I'm sorry."
Jayden: "Please don't be offended if I'm not very friendly, but I'm going to be living with my dad soon, and I don't really like wasting time on short-term relationships. So, you know, it's nothing personal."
Luis: "Wow. She seems like a really nice girl."
Jayden: "Are you going crazy?"
Grace: "Probably."

Jayden: "What's wrong Mason? Can't hold my feet yourself you weak ass --! You need the bitch to do it for you!"
Mason: "Hold her good Nate."
Jayden: "Yeah hold me good Nate."

"Yeah, I mean, day one’s always a little tough. It’s like, you know, no matter how the training goes,  there’s always room for something  that’s just totally unpredictable. Oh, I’ve got a pretty good story for you if you’re ready for it." - Mason


Mason: "You got some new lyrics you want to try out on me?"
Marcus: "There's a lot of --s in it."
Mason: "I won't tell."
Jack: "Grace, you are a line staff. It's not your job to interpret tears. That's what our trained therapists are here for."
Grace: "Then your trained therapists don't know shit."
Grace: "They're going to ask you a lot of questions. It's going to be hard."
Jayden: "I'll try to leave out the part about you breaking into that house with a baseball bat."
Grace: "Thanks."


"De-escalate my ass you duck --ers." - Sammy
Mason: "You're sorry? Grace, are you serious? I've been waiting for you for a really long time and I wouldn't take a second of it back because I love you so goddamn much, okay? But I've been waiting for three years to as why is that you don't trust me. I've been waiting for three years for you to, just once, take the advice you give your kids every --ing five minutes and learn to talk about what's going on inside your head. You can't do that for me? Whatever it is, okay, just talk to me."
Grace: "I can't do this. I can't. I can't marry you. I can't have your baby. I can't any of that. I can't do it."
Mason: "So what do you wanna do? Huh? You wanna get an abortion?"
Grace: "I already made the appointment."
Mason: "Do whatever you want, okay? Cause I'm done."

"Put a label on my head
So you know what it’s like
To live a life not knowing
What a normal life’s like" - Marcus
Grace: "Jayden, we have to do something about this."
Jayden: "Should go bash his face in with a baseball bat while he's sleeping?"

"So we’re talking to him and we’re catching up and he’s telling us about his new job at the aquarium and how much he takes home in tips and how he's gonna start applying for classes next semester and it’s weird ‘cause I’m like, I have not heard Marcus talk this much ever since I met him. Like what is the deal? Is he excited to see us? Is he nervous about something? And that’s when I notice there’s another cappuccino on the table and an empty chair next to him. 
And then, just like in the --ing movies, the bathroom door flings open and out walks Liza Green!" - Mason


Jessica: "You Okay, man? How do you feel?"
Nate: "Not good. I mean, that... that was crazy. They just fight like that?"
Jessica: "Nate, I'm not asking you how you're feeling."
Nate: "Right. Sorry."
"Here we go." - Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment