Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Doctor Who: Season 1

The Doctor: "I’m the Doctor, by the way. What's your name?"
Rose: "Rose."
The Doctor: "Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!"


"I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world. And if we let go... That's who I am. Now forget me, Rose Tyler. Go home." - The Doctor

"You lot, you spend all your time thinking about dying, like you're gonna get killed by eggs, or beef, or global warming or asteroids. But you never take time to imagine the impossible - like maybe you survive. This is the year 5.5 slash Apple slash 26. Five billion years in your future. And this is the day— hold on. This is the day the sun expands. Welcome to the end of the world." - The Doctor 

Rose: "Who are you?"
The Doctor: "Told you. The Doctor."
Rose: "Yeah, but Doctor What?"
The Doctor: "Just The Doctor."
Rose: "The Doctor."
The Doctor: "Hello!"
Rose: "Is that supposed to sound impressive?"
The Doctor: "Sort of."


"Do you know like we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you're a kid. The first time they tell you that the world's turning and you just can't believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet spinning at a thousand miles an hour. And the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at 67,000 thousand miles an hour and I can feel it." - The Doctor


Jackie: "I'm in my dressing gown."
The Doctor: "Yes, you are."
Jackie: "There's a strange man in my bedroom."
The Doctor: "Yes, there is."
Jackie: "Well, anything could happen."
The Doctor: "No."


"That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien." - The Doctor 

Clive: "The Doctor is a legend woven throughout history. When disaster comes, he's there. He brings a storm in his wake. And his one constant companion."
Rose: "Who's that?"
Clive: "Death."


"The assembled hordes of Genghis Khan couldn't get through that door. And believe me, they've tried. Now shut up a minute." - The Doctor

Rose: "If you are an alien how come you sound like you're from the North?"
The Doctor: "Lots of planets have a North."


"Guests are reminded that Platform One forbids the use of weapons, teleportation and religion."

Rose: "I'd rather die."
Cassandra: "Honestly, it doesn't hurt."
Rose: "I mean it, I would rather die. It's better to die than live like you—a bitchy trampoline.
Cassandra: Oh well. What do you know."
Rose: "I was born on that planet. And so was my mum and so was my dad. And that makes me officially the last human being in this room. 'Cause you're not human. You've had it all nipped and tucked and flattened 'til there's nothing left. Anything human got chucked in the bin. You're just skin, Cassandra. Lipstick and skin."

"Your wish is my command... But be careful what you wish for." - The Doctor 

"Time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guidebook; you've got to throw yourself in! Eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers! Or is that just me?" - The Doctor

The Daleks
: "Do not interrupt! Do not interrupt!"
The Doctor"I think you're forgetting something. I'm the Doctor and if there's one thing I can do it's talk. I've got give billion languages and you haven't got one way of stopping me. So if anybody's gonna shut up, it's you!"

"You know, one day - just one day maybe - I'm gonna meet somebody who gets the whole 'don't wander off' thing." - The Doctor 

"Everybody lives, Rose. Just this once, everybody lives!" - The Doctor

Dalek: "I will talk to the Doctor."
The Doctor: "Oh will you? That's nice. Hello!"
Dalek: "The Dalek stratagem nears completion. The fleet is almost ready. You will not intervene."
The Doctor: "Oh really? Why's that then?"
Dalek: "We have your associate. You will obey or she will be exterminated."
The Doctor: "No."
Dalek: "Explain yourself."
The Doctor: "I said "no."
Dalek: "What is the meaning of this negative?"
The Doctor: "It means "no."
Dalek: "But she will be destroyed!"
The Doctor: "No! 'Cause this is what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna rescue her. I'm gonna save Rose Tyler from the middle of the Dalek fleet, and then I'm gonna save the Earth. And then—just to finish off—I'm gonna wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky!"
Dalek: "But you have no weapons, no defenses, no plan."
The Doctor: "Yeah! And doesn't that scare you to death. Rose?"
Rose: "Yes Doctor?"
The Doctor: "I'm coming to get you."

"Ready for this? Here we go. History!" - The Doctor

Rose: "We'll go down fighting, yeah?"
The Doctor: "Yeah."
Rose: "Together?"
The Doctor: "Yeah. I'm so glad I met you."
Rose: "Me too."

"Nine hundred years of time and space and I've never been slapped by someone's mother." - The Doctor

Jackie: "I've seen this life of yours, Doctor. And maybe you get off on it. And maybe you think it's all clever and smart. But tell me, just answer me this: Is my daughter safe?"
Rose: "I'm fine."
Jackie: "Is she safe? Will she always be safe? Can you promise me that?"

"The stuff of nightmares, reduced to an exhibit. I'm getting old." - The Doctor

The Doctor: "They're never gonna come! Your race is dead. You all burned—all of you. Ten million ships on fire. The entire Dalek race, wiped out in one second."
Dalek: "You lie!"
The Doctor: "I watched it happen. I made it happen."
Dalek: "You destroyed us?"
The Doctor: "I had no choice."
Dalek: "And what of the Time Lords?"
The Doctor: "Dead. They burned with you. The end of the last great Time War. Everyone lost."
Dalek: "And the coward survived."

The Doctor: "When we met, I said "Travel with me in space." You said no. Then I said "Time machine"."
Rose: "It wasn't some big plan. I just saw it happening and I thought, I can stop it."
The Doctor: "I did it again, I picked another stupid ape. I should have known. It's not about showing you the universe. It never is. It's about the universe doing something for you."

"I gave you my car keys. You don't give your keys to a complete stranger. It's like I trusted you. The moment I met ya, I just did. A wound in time. You called me "dad". I can see it. My eyes. Jackie's attitude. You sound like her when you shout. You are. You are. You're my Rose." - Pete

The Doctor: "Know how long you can knock around space without having to bump into Earth?"
Rose: "Five days? Or is it when we're out of milk?"
The Doctor: "All the species in all the universe and it has to come out of a cow."

"Peter Alan Tyler. My dad. The most wonderful man in the world. Died the 7th of November, 1987." - Rose

The Doctor: "You're very sick."
Dr. Constantine: "Dying, I should think. I just haven't been able to find the time. Are you a doctor?"
The Doctor: "I have my moments."

The Doctor"They're just not ready. You're happy to believe in something that's invisible, but if it's staring you in the face—"Nope! Can't see it." There's a scientific explanation for that. You're thick."
Mickey"We're just idiots."
The Doctor"Well... not all of you."

Mickey"Yeah?"

1941. Right now, not very far from here, the German war machine is rolling up the map of Europe. Country after country, falling like dominos. Nothing can stop it—nothing. Until one tiny, damp little island says "No". "No. Not here". A mouse in front of a lion. You're amazing, the lot of you. I don't know what you do to Hitler, but you frighten the hell out of me." - The Doctor

The Doctor: "Go now! Don't drop the banana!"
Captain Jack: "Why not?"
The Doctor: "Good source of potassium!"

"Go to your room! Go to your room! I mean it. I'm ve"ry very angry with you. I'm very very cross! Go to your room! ... I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words." - The Doctor

"I've travelled with a lot of people, but you're setting new records for jeopardy-friendly."- The Doctor

"Are you my mummy?"

"You know what they call me in the ancient legends on the Dalek home world? "The Oncoming Storm". You might have removed all your emotions, but I reckon right down deep in your DNA there's one little spark left. And that's fear. Doesn't it just burn when you face me?" - The Doctor

Mickey: "That old lady's staring."
Jack: "Probably wondering what four people could do inside a small wooden box."
Mickey: "What are you captain of? The innuendo squad?"

"The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners. Pompeii's nice if you want to make a vacation of it though. But you gotta set your alarm for Volcano Day." - Captain Jack

The Doctor: "Blaidd Drwg."
Rose: "What's it mean?"
The Doctor: "Bad Wolf."
Rose: "But I've heard that before, "Bad Wolf". I've heard that lots of times."
The Doctor: "Everywhere we go, two words, following us: "Bad Wolf"
Rose: "How can they be following us?"
The Doctor: "Nah! Just a coincidence. Like hearing a word on the radio then hearing it all day. Never 
mind. Things to do!"

"If the Doctor's back-if you've seen him, Rose-then one thing's for certain. We're all in danger."-Clive

Margaret: "I spared her life."
The Doctor: "You let one of them go but that's nothing new. Every now and then a little victim's spared because she smiled, 'cause he's got freckles. 'Cause they begged. And that's how you live with yourself. That's how you slaughter millions. Because once in awhile—on a whim, if the wind's in the right direction—you happen to be kind."
Margaret: "Only a killer would know that. Is that right? From what I've seen, your funny little happy go-lucky life leaves devastation in its wake. Always moving on because you dare not look back. Playing with so many people's lives you might as well be a god. And you're right, Doctor. You're absolutely right. Sometimes you let one go. Let me go."

"You're pleading for mercy out of a dead woman's lips." - The Doctor

"Someone's been playing a long game. Controlling the human race from behind the scenes for generations." - The Doctor

Captain Jack: "One minute they're the greatest threat in the Universe, the next minute they vanished out of time and space."
The Doctor: "They went off to fight a bigger war. The Time War."
Captain Jack: "I thought that was just a legend."
The Doctor: "I was there. The war between the Daleks and the Time Lords. With the whole of creation at stake. My people were destroyed, but they took the Daleks with them. I almost thought it was worth it. Now it turns out they died for nothing."
Rose: "There's thousands of them now. We could hardly stop one. What are we going to do?"
The Doctor: "No good stood around here, chin waggin'. Human race should gossip all day. Daleks have got the answers, let's go meet the neighbors!"

Female Programmer: "You're not allowed in there. Archive Six is out-of-bounds."
Captain Jack brandishing his guns: "Do I look like an out-of-bounds sort of guy?"

Rose: "What's the emergency?"
The Doctor: "It's mauve."
Rose: "Mauve?"
The Doctor: "Universally recognized color for danger."
Rose: "What happened to red?"
The Doctor: "That's just humans. By everyone else's standards, red's camp. Oh, the misunderstandings. All those red alerts, all that dancing. It's got a very basic flight computer. I've hacked in, slaved the TARDIS. Wherever it goes, we go."
Rose: "And it's safe, is it?"
The Doctor: "Totally....Okay, reasonably. I should have said reasonably there."

Captain Jack: "Who has a sonic screwdriver?"
The Doctor: "I do!"
Captain Jack: "Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, "Ooh, this could be a little more sonic."?"
The Doctor: "What, you've never been bored? Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?"

"And I bet you're fussing and moaning now. Typical. But hold on and just listen a bit more. The TARDIS can never return for me. Emergency Program One means I'm facing an enemy that should never get their hands on this machine. So this is what you should do: let the TARDIS die. Just let this old box gather dust. No one can open it, no one will even notice it. Let it become a strange little thing standing on a street corner. And over the years the world will move on and the box will be buried. And if you want to remember me, then you can do one thing. That's all. One thing. Have a good life. Do that for me, Rose. Have a fantastic life." - The Doctor

Rose: "So. Um. In twelve months. Have you been seeing anybody else?"
Mickey: "No."
Rose: "Okay—"
Mickey: "Mainly because everyone thinks I murdered you."

Dickens: "Can it be that I have the world entirely wrong?"
The Doctor: "Not wrong. There's just more to learn."

Rose: "You're not making sense."
The Doctor: "I might never make sense again. I might have two heads. Or no head. Imagine me with no head! And don't say that's an improvement. But it's a bit dodgy, this process. You never know what you're going to end up with."

"Rose, before I go, I just want to tell you, you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I." - The Doctor

"Hello! Oo. New teeth. That's weird. So where was I? Oh that's right. Barcelona!" - The Doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment