Monday, August 18, 2014

Across the Universe

"Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup 
They slither wildly as they slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind
Possessing and caressing me"

Sadie: "Where'd she come from?"
Jude: "She came in through the bathroom window."

"Is there anybody going to listen to my story all about the girl who came to stay? She's the kind of girl you want so much, it makes you sorry. Still, you don't regret a single day. Aw, girl. Girl."- Jude

"I thought only the other side dropped bombs?" -Lucy

Jude: "Where are we going?"
Lucy: "Out of our minds!"
Jude: "Where are you taking me?"
Lucy: "Down the rabbit hole!"
Jude: "But I wanted to feed the cows!"

"Let me take you down cause I'm going to Strawberry fields, nothin' is real, nothin' to get hung about. Strawberry fields forever.."

"If everybody is nobody, then somebody could be anybody." - Jude

"If I fell in love with you
Would you promise to be true
And help me understand
Cos I've been in love before
And I found that love was more
Than just holding hands"

"Well, you seem pretty clean-cut, but then again you might've murdered your granny with a hammer" - Sadie
Max: "She's got a boyfriend."
Jude: "That's okay, I got a girlfriend."
JoJo: "Music's the only thing that makes sense anymore, man. Play it loud enough, it keeps the demons at bay."
Army Sergeant: "Is there any reason you shouldn't be in this man's Army?"
Max: "I'm a cross-dressing homosexual pacifist with a spot on my lung."
Army Sergeant: "As long as you don't have flat feet."
Lucy: "I would lay in front of a tank if it would bring Max back and end this war."

Jude: "Yeah, it wouldn't."

"Our voice is our weapon. When we are united. We will win! You can crush the idealists, but you cannot crush their ideas! The americans are forcing even their friends into becoming their enemies. Everyday the history increases in the hearts of the hearts of the vietnamese, who want us out! The image of america will never again be the image of revolution!" - Paco
Jude: "Where'd you come from?"
Prudence: "Nowhere."
Jude: "And before nowhere?"
Prudence: "Ohio."
Prudence: "That's my landlady!"
Lucy: "So you live with my brother, too?"
Prudence: "Yeah, him and Jude took me in!"
Prudence: "I don't sleep with him anymore, though!"

Mr. Kite: "She's called "Henry," and it's a lot of explanation, but don't worry about it, kids, okay? Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode."
"My god, you... you have perfect teeth!" - Jude

"Tell me I'm the only one and then I might never be the lonely one so hold me tight, tonight, tonight, It's you, you you you oooo oooo"
Lucy: "We're in the middle of a revolution Jude. And what are you doing? Doodles and cartoons?"
Jude: "Well I'm sorry I'm not the man with the mega-phone, but this is what I do."

Max: "And you know what really pisses me off is I swallowed all those cotton balls and they never even took a damn x-ray."
Hippy dude: "You still have options man."
Max: "Yeah, jail or Canada and they both suck. I mean I could never come home, so what is it, it's a choice of a 6x4 cell or an endless wasteland of frozen tundra."
Hippy dude: "Montreal is cool."
Max: "Man, they speak French."
Hippie Guitarist: "So learn French. Learn French or die."
Sadie: "You got a good memory for faces?"
Max: "Yeah, I think so. Why?"
Sadie: "There's no mirror in your bathroom."
Max's Father: "Goddammit, Max! Get serious, for once! What are you going to DO with your life?"
Max: "Why is it always what will I do? "What will he do", "What will he do," "Oh, my god what will he do", Do, do, do, do, do. Why isn't the issue here who I am?"
Uncle Teddy: "Because, Maxwell, what you do defines who you are."
Max: "No, Uncle Teddy. Who you are defines what you do. Right Jude?"
Jude: "... Well, surely it's not what you do, but the, uh... the way that you do it."
"Sitting in an English garden, waiting for the sun... If the sun don't come, you get a tan for standing in the English rain." - Dr. Roberts

"Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play?
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day
The sun is up, the sky is blue
It's beautiful and so are you
Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play?"
Lucy's Mother: "Is that fashionable?"
Max: "Is what fashionable?"
Lucy's Mother: "Your haircut, or lack of one."
Lucy: "Androgyny suits you, Max."
Jude: "What are you going to do if you don't go back to college?"
Max: "What any irresponsible, unmotivated, drop-out would do. Go to New York, like tonight."

"Something in the way she moves
Attracts me like no other lover
Something in the way she woos me
I don't want to leave her now
You know I believe and how"
"She loves you - yeah! Yeah! Yeah!" - Max
"Well I'm sorry, but, as blissful as you are in the throes of young love, I'm just letting you know I have a date with Uncle Sam." - Max
"Say you're a pedophile - say you want to go into the villages and you want to rape and pillage all the little girls that look like me!" - Prudence
"In this way, Mr. K will challenge the world - with the blue people! They're great! They're just... chilled out!" - Mr.Kite
"You can burn that paper man, but you still gotta show." - Jojo
Jude: "She's probably out fighting for the cause."
JoJo: "Looks like you've been fighting for it too, huh?"
Jude: "I don't have one. That's the problem."
Sadie: "Oh darling, if you leave me, I'll never make it alone..."
JoJo: "I doubt that."
"The home of Dr. Gary, another outlaw, like myself. We're navigators, we're aviators, we're eatin' tators, masturbatin' alligators, bombardiers, we got no fears, we don't shed no tears, we're pushin' the frontiers... of transcendental perception. What's weird is, we haven't met yet, on this or any other plane." - Dr. Roberts
"You didn't get my left nipple right." - Lucy
Jude: "Excuse me, you don't know where I could find Professor Hubert, do you?"
Max: "Um, no such person, not that I'm aware of."
Jude: "Uh, Professor Wesley Hubert?"
Max: "Listen buddy, I've pissed off every Professor in Princeton, and he's not one of them."
Max: "Oh, wait a second, there's a Wes Hubert. That's him, right over there."
"It's a strawberry. Ya' know. Red, juicy... Sexy. Yea? Get it?" - Jude
Jude: "... and then while I'm away I'll write home every day..."
Molly: "You better!"
Jude: "Max, what exactly does it say?"
Max: "It says I have to report to an induction center on the 7th."
Sadie: "You've got a week to contract some fatal disease, honey."
"Hate to mess with your groove, New York, but we're about two years ahead of you on the Coast. We already graduated from "what's been going on" to "where it's gone"." -Dr. Robert
"Have you seen it? It's great! They've got... stuff!" -Mr. Kite
Cop: "You two, scram! You're defacing city property!"
Jude: "Oh, shit!"
Lucy: "What are you talking about? This was just a crappy wall, and now it's a work of art."
Cop: "Do you want me to come down there?"
Jude: "Yeah, Please do come down. You'll scuff up them shiny black boots."
Lucy: "Shit! You don't wanna get in trouble with the law, Jude!"
Jude: "We don't have it in England, is it - is it a big deal?"
Max: "Well, it's a heart-warming American tradition."
Lucy: "Yeah. It celebrates the time when the Indians shared their food with the early settlers. And how did we repay them? We slaughter them in thousands then ship them off to the shittiest bits of real estate."

"You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world"


Max: "Shit, I'm outta shape! Woo! You're the guy who was asking for the janitor, right?"
Jude: "Yeah."
Max: "So what are you, uh, like the, uh, assistant janitor?"
Jude: "I'm just bunking down here, y'know. Temporarily."
Max: "Why?"
Jude: "Why do you need to know?"
Max: "You wanted by the cops? Huh? FBI?"
Jude: "You know it looks to me as though, uh... You're the one who's on the run."
Max: "Uh... yeah. Thank you for that by the way."
Jude: "What would that lot have done if they'd caught you?"
Max: "I don't know. Something, uh, involving genitalia and shoe polish."
Jude: "Nasty."
Max: "Yeah. Where's that accent from?"
Jude: "Same place as me. Liverpool."
Max: "Do you have a name?"
Jude: "It's Jude."
Max: "Max."
Jude: "I'm pleased to meet you."
Max: "Well, uh, Jude, as a stranger to our shores, the least I can do is offer you some Ivy League hospitality."

"Livin' is easy with eyes closed. It's understanding all you see. It's getting hard to pick someone but it all works out.  It doesn't matter much to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment