Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pulp Fiction


"Pulp /'p&lp/ n. 
1. A soft, moist, shapeless mass of matter.
2. A magazine or book containing lurid subject matter and being characteristically printed on rough, unfinished paper.
American Heritage Dictionary
New College Edition"

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go home and have a heart attack." - Vincent

Mia: "Don't you hate that?"
Vincent: "What?"
Mia: "Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshit in order to be comfortable?"
Vincent: "I don't know. That's a good question."
Mia: "That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the -- up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence."

"English, motherf--, do you speak it?"- Jules

Brett: "He... he's black..."
Jules: "Go on..."
Brett: "He's bald"
Jules: "Does he look like a bitch?"
Brett: "What?"
Jules: "DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?"
Brett: "No!"
Jules: "Then why you try to *** him like a bitch?"
Brett: "I didn't..."
Jules: "Yes you did. Yes you did! You tried to -- him. And Marcellus Wallace don't like to be --ed by anybody except Mrs. Wallace."



"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions." - Jules
Jules: "We happy?...Vincent! We happy?"
Vincent: "Yeah, we happy."

Vincent: "I'll have the Douglas Sirk steak, and a vanilla Coke."
Buddy Holly: "How would you like that? Burnt to a crisp or bloody as hell?"
Vincent: "Bloody as hell."
Vincent: "Want some bacon?"
Jules: "No man, I don't eat pork."
Vincent: "Are you Jewish?"
Jules: "Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all."
Vincent: "Why not?"
Jules: "Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals."
Vincent: "Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood."
Jules: "Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy animal. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces."

Vincent: "How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces."
Jules: "I don't eat dog either."
Vincent: "Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?"
Jules: "I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way."
Vincent: "Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?"
Jules: "Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming mother--in' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?"

Jules: "Now Yolanda, we're not gonna do anything stupid, are we?"
Yolanda: "You don't hurt him."
Jules: "Nobody's gonna hurt anybody. We're gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like? Come on Yolanda what's Fonzie like?"
Yolanda: "Cool?"
Jules: "What?"
Yolanda: "He's cool."
Jules: "Correctamundo. And that's what we're gonna be. We're gonna be cool. Now Ringo, I'm gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your gun, and sit your ass down. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three."
Yolanda: "All right, now you let him go."
Jules: "Yolanda, I thought you said you were gonna be cool. Now when you yell at me, it makes me nervous. And when I get nervous, I get scared. And when mother--ers get scared, that's when mother--ers accidentally get shot."
Yolanda: "You just know, you touch him, you die."
Jules: "Well, that seems to be the situation. But I don't want that. And you don't want that. And Ringo here definitely doesn't want that."
"There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you." Now... I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, that meant your ass. You'd be dead right now. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was a cold-blooded thing to say to a mother--er before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this mornin' made me think twice. See, now I'm thinking: maybe it means you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here... he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. And I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules
Honey Bunny:  "I love you, Pumpkin."
Pumpkin: "I love you, Honey Bunny."
Pumpkin: [Standing up with a gun] "All right, everybody be cool, this is a robbery!"
Honey Bunny: "Any of you --ing pricks move, and I'll execute every motherf--ing last one of ya!"
"Mmmm! Goddamn, Jimmie! This is some serious gourmet shit! Usually, me and Vince would be happy with some freeze-dried Taster's Choice right, but he springs this serious GOURMET shit on us! What flavor is this?" - Jules
Jimmie: "No, No, No, No, let me ask you a question. When you came pulling in here, did you notice a sign out in front of my house that said "Dead Nigger Storage"?"
Jules: "Jimmie, you know I ain't seen no..."
Jimmie: "Did you notice a sign out in front of my house that said "Dead Nigger Storage"?"
Jules:  "No. I didn't."
Jimmie: "You know WHY you didn't see that sign?"
Jules: "Why?"
Jimmie: "Cause it ain't there, 'cause storing dead niggers ain't my --ing business, that's why!"
Vincent: "Jules, did you ever hear the philosophy that once a man admits that he's wrong that he is immediately forgiven for all wrongdoings? Have you ever heard that?"
"The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride --ing with you. F*** pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps." - Marsellus
"Check out the big brain on Brett. You one smart mother--er." - Jules
Esmeralda: "What is your name?"
Butch: "Butch."
Esmeralda: "What does it mean?"
Butch: "I'm American, honey. Our names don't mean shit."

Jimmie: "I can't believe this is the same car."
The Wolf: "Well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet."
"If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the --ing car." - The Wolf
"The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slopes gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright, so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you." - Captain Koons
Jules: "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... stop right there. Eatin' a bitch out, and givin' a bitch a foot massage ain't even the same --in' thing."
Vincent: "It's not. It's the same ballpark."
Jules: "Ain't no --in' ballpark neither. Now look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but, you know, touchin' his wife's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her Holiest of Holies, ain't the same --kin' ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same --in' sport. Look, foot massages don't mean shit."
Vincent: "Have you ever given a foot massage?"
Jules: "Don't be tellin' me about foot massages. I'm the foot -- master."
Vincent: "Given a lot of 'em?"
Jules: "Shit yeah. I got my technique down and everything, I don't be ticklin' or nothin'."
"Three tomatoes are walking down the street- a poppa tomato, a momma tomato, and a little baby tomato. Baby tomato starts lagging behind. Poppa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato, and smooshes him... and says, Catch up." - Mia
"That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten." - The Wolf

Vincent: "And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?"
Jules: "They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?"
Vincent: "No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what the -- a Quarter Pounder is."
Jules: "Then what do they call it?"
Vincent: "They call it a Royale with cheese."
Jules: "A Royale with cheese. What do they call a Big Mac?"
Vincent: "Well, a Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it le Big-Mac."
Jules: "Le Big-Mac. Ha ha ha ha. What do they call a Whopper?"
Vincent: "I dunno, I didn't go into Burger King."
Jules: "Look, just because I don't be givin' no man a foot massage don't make it right for Marsellus to throw Antwone into a glass mother--in' house, --in' up the way the nigger talks. Mother--er do that shit to me, he better paralyze my ass, 'cause I'll kill the mother--er, know what I'm sayin'?"
Vincent: "I ain't saying it's right. But you're saying a foot massage don't mean nothing, and I'm saying it does. Now look, I've given a million ladies a million foot massages, and they all meant something. We act like they don't, but they do, and that's what's so --ing cool about them. There's a sensuous thing going on where you don't talk about it, but you know it, she knows it, --ing Marsellus knew it, and Antwone should have --ing better known better. I mean, that's his --ing wife, man. He can't be expected to have a sense of humor about that shit. You know what I'm saying?"
Jules: "That's an interesting point. Come on, let's get into character."
Lance: "You're going to give her an injection of adrenaline directly to her heart. But she's got, uh, breastplate... So you gotta pierce through that. So what you have to do is, you have to bring the needle down in a stabbing motion."
Vincent: "I-I gotta stab her three times?"
Lance: "No, you don't gotta --ing stab her three times! You gotta stab her once, but it's gotta be hard enough to break through her breastplate into her heart, and then once you do that, you press down on the plunger."
Vincent: "What happens after that?"
Lance: "I'm kinda curious about that myself..."
"Something." - Mia
"I do believe Marsellus Wallace, my husband, your boss, told you to take ME out and do WHATEVER I WANTED. Now I wanna dance, I wanna win. I want that trophy, so dance good." - Mia
Fabienne: "I was looking at myself in the mirror."
Butch: "Uh-huh?"
Fabienne: "I wish I had a pot."
Butch: "You were lookin' in the mirror and you wish you had some pot?"
Fabienne: "A pot. A pot belly. Pot bellies are sexy."
Butch: "Well you should be happy, 'cause you do."
Fabienne: "Shut up, Fatso! I don't have a pot! I have a bit of a tummy, like Madonna when she did "Lucky Star," it's not the same thing."
Butch: "I didn't realize there was a difference between a tummy and a pot belly."
Fabienne: "The difference is huge."
Butch: "You want me to have a pot?"
Fabienne: "No. Pot bellies make a man look either oafish, or like a gorilla. But on a woman, a pot belly is very sexy. The rest of you is normal. Normal face, normal legs, normal hips, normal ass, but with a big, perfectly round pot belly. If I had one, I'd wear a tee-shirt two sizes too small to accentuate it."
Butch: "You think guys would find that attractive?"
Fabienne: "I don't give a damn what men find attractive. It's unfortunate what we find pleasing to the touch and pleasing to the eye is seldom the same."
"I hate to shatter your ego, but this is not the first time I've had a gun pointed at me." - Jules
"I'm prepared to scour the the Earth for that mother--er. If Butch goes to Indochina, I want a nigger hiding in a bowl of rice ready to pop a cap in his ass." - Marsellus
"I have to go powder my nose." - Mia
Butch: "I think I cracked a rib."
Fabienne: "Giving me oral pleasure?"
Butch: "No, retard, from the fight."

Jules: "This was Divine Intervention! You know what "divine intervention" is?"
Vincent: "Yeah, I think so. That means God came down from Heaven and stopped the bullets."
Jules: "Yeah, man, that's what it means. That's exactly what it means! God came down from


Heaven and stopped the bullets."
Vincent: "I think we should be going now."
Jules: "Don't do that! Don't you --ing do that! Don't blow this shit off! What just happened was a --ing miracle!"
Vincent: "Chill the -- out, Jules, this shit happens."
Jules: "Wrong! Wrong, this shit doesn't just happen."
Vincent: "Do you wanna continue this theological discussion in the car, or at the jailhouse with the cops?"
Jules: "We should be --in' dead now, my friend! We just witnessed a miracle, and I want you to --ing acknowledge it!"
Vincent: "Okay man, it was a miracle, can we leave now?"

"Sorry, baby, but I had to crash that Honda." - Butch
"Yeah, but, you are aware that there's an invention called television, and on this invention they show shows, right?" - Jules
"I'll be there in three shakes of a lamb's tail." - Mia
"Bitch, be cool!" - Jules
"Whether or not what we experienced was an According to Hoyle miracle is insignificant. What is significant is that I felt the touch of God. God got involved." - Jules

"You see, this profession is filled to the brim with unrealistic mother--ers. Mother--ers who thought their ass would age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don't." - Marsellus
The Wolf: "Now boys, listen up. We're going to a place called Monster Joe's Truck and Tow. I'll drive the tainted car. Jules, you ride with me. Vincent, you follow in my Acura. We run across the path of any John Q. Laws, nobody does a --ing thing unless I do it first. What did I just say?"
Jules: "Don't do shit unless."
The Wolf: "Unless what?"
Jules: "Unless you do it first."
The Wolf: "Spoken like a true prodigy. How about you, Lash LaRue? You think you can keep your spurs from jinglin' and janglin'?"
Vincent: "Look, Mr. Wolf, my gun went off, I don't know why, and now you're helping us out of the situation. I'm cool with it, all right?"
The Wolf: "Fair enough. Now I drive real --ing fast, so keep up. I get my car back any differently than when I gave it, Monster Joe's gonna be disposing of two bodies."
Jules: "I'll just walk the earth."
Vincent: "What'cha mean walk the earth?"
Jules: "You know, walk the earth, meet people... get into adventures. Like Caine from "Kung Fu."
"Normally, both your asses would be dead as --ing fried chicken, but you happen to pull this shit while I'm in a transitional period so I don't wanna kill you, I wanna help you. But I can't give you this case, it don't belong to me. Besides, I've already been through too much shit this morning over this case to hand it over to your dumb ass." - Jules
Vincent: "I promise I won't laugh."
Mia: "That's what I'm afraid of, Vincent." 
"That gives us exactly... forty minutes to get the -- out of Dodge. Which, if you do what I say when I say it, should be plenty. Now, you've got a corpse in a car, minus a head, in a garage. Take me to it." - The Wolf
Butch: "So we cool?"
Marsellus: "Yeah, we cool. Two things. Don't tell nobody about this. This shit is between me, you, and Mr. Soon-To-Be-Living-The-Rest-of-His-Short-Ass-Life-In-Agonizing-Pain Rapist here. It ain't nobody else's business. Two: you leave town tonight, right now. And when you're gone, you stay gone, or you be gone. You lost all your L.A. privileges. Deal?"
Butch: "Deal."
Marsellus: "Get your ass out of here."
"Jules, if you give that --in' nimrod fifteen hundred dollars, I'm gonna shoot him on general principles." - Vincent
"Hey, my name's Paul and this shit's between y'all." - Paul
The Wolf: "Maybe I can give you guys a ride. Where do you live?"
Vincent: "Redondo Beach."
Jules: "Inglewood."
The Wolf: "In your future... I see a cab ride. Move out of the sticks, gentlemen."
Butch: "Will you hand me a towel, miss beautiful tulip?"
Fabienne: "Ah, I like that. I like tulip. Tulip is much better than mongoloid."
Pumpkin: "The way it is now, you're taking the same risk as when you rob a bank. You take more of a risk, banks are easier. You don't even need a gun in a federal bank. I mean, they're insured, why should they give a --? I heard of this one guy, walks into a bank with a portable phone. He gives the phone to the teller, a guy on the other end of the line says, we've got this guy's little girl, if you don't give him all your money, we're gonna kill her."
Yolanda: "Did it work?"
Pumpkin: "--ing-A right, it worked. That's what I'm saying. Knucklehead walks into a bank with a telephone! Not a pistol, not a shotgun, but a --ing phone. Cleans the place out, doesn't even lift a --ing finger."
Yolanda: "Did they hurt the little girl?"
Pumpkin: "I don't know, there probably never was a little girl in the first place. The point of the story isn't the little girl, the point of the story is, they robbed a bank with a telephone."
"That's how you're gonna beat 'em, Butch. They keep underestimating you." - Butch

"So what does it feel like to kill a man with your bare hands? It's a topic I'm very interested in." - Esmeralda
Butch: "How was your breakfast?"
Fabienne: "It was good..."
Butch: "Did you get the pancakes, the blueberry pancakes?"
Fabienne: "No, no, they didn't have blueberry pancakes, I had to get buttermilk - are you sure you're okay?"
Butch: "Honey, since I left you, this has been without a doubt the single weirdest --ing day of my life! Come on, hop on - I'll tell you all about it."
Pumpkin: "Forget it. Too risky. I'm through doing that shit."
Yolanda: "You always say that. That same thing every time, "I'm through, never again, too dangerous"."
Pumpkin: "I know that's what I always say. I'm always right, too."
Yolanda: "But you forget about it in a day or two."
Pumpkin: "Yeah, well the days of me forgetting are over, and the days of me remembering have just begun."

"Shut the -- up, fat man!" - Jules
Jody: "Who's she?"
Lance: "Look, go to the fridge and get the thing with the O.D. adrenalin shot."
Jody: "What's wrong with her?"
Vincent: "She's O.D.ing!"
Jody: "Get her the hell outta her!" 
Lance, Vincent: "GET THE SHOT!"
Jody: "-- you! -- you, too!"
Vincent: "What a --in' bitch!"
Lance: "You just keep talking to her, all right? She's getting the shot, I'm gonna get my little black medical book."
Vincent: "What the -- do you need a medical book for?"
Lance: "I've never had to give an adrenalin shot."
Vincent: "You never give an adrenalin shot?"
Lance: "I've never had to, all right! I don't go joy-poppin' with bubble-gummers! My friends can handle their highs!"
Vincent: "GET THE SHOT!"
"That's a pretty --ing good milkshake. I don't know if it's worth five dollars but it's pretty --ing good." - Vincent
Fabienne: "Whose motorcycle is this?"
Butch: "It's a chopper, baby."
Fabienne: "Whose chopper is this?"
Butch: "It's Zed's."
Fabienne: "Who's Zed?"
Butch: "Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."
"That's the Marilyn Monroe section that's Mamie Van Doren... I don't see Jayne Mansfield, she must have the night off or something." - Vincent
"Mexican's out of the --ing kitchen!" - Pumpkin

No comments:

Post a Comment